1. Keep God’s instructions in your heart and teach them diligently to your children. “And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up” (Deuteronomy 12:28-29).
2. Take the time to teach them how to live. “Train up a child in the way he should go. . . ” ( Proverbs 22:6).
3. Don’t provoke them to anger. “Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged” (Colossians 3:21).
4. Love them as you love yourself. “. . . Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself” ( Matthew 22:39).
5. Treat them like you want to be treated. “And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise” (Luke 6:31).